1. Cesar S, Anjur-Dietrich M, Yu B, Li E, Rojas ER, Neff N, Cooper TF, Huang KC (2020) Bacterial Evolution in High-Osmolarity Environments. mBio.
2. Dumais J, Rojas ER (2020) A mechanical cusp catastrophe imposes a universal developmental constraint on the shapes of tip-growing cells. bioRxiv. 2020.03.30.017095
3. Rojas ER (2020) The mechanical properties of bacteria and why they matter. In: Physical Microbiology, Springer. 1-14.
4. Knapp BD, Odermatt P, Rojas ER, Cheng W, He X, Huang KC, Chang F (2019) Decoupling of rates of protein synthesis from cell expansion leads to supergrowth. Cell Systems. 9(5):434-445.
5. Oudah Y, Rojas ER, Riordan DP, Capostagno S, Kuo CS, Krasnow MA (2019) A subpopulation of pulmonary neuroendocrine cells are reserve stem cells regulated by the tumor suppressors Rb, p53, and Notch. Cell. 179(2): 403–416.
6. Masuda I, Matsubara R, Christian T, Rojas ER, Yadavalli SS, Zhang L, Goulian M, Foster LF, Huang KC, Hou Y-M (2019) TrmD-Mediated tRNA Methylation Controls Bacterial Multi-Drug Resistance. Cell Systems. 8(4):302:314.
7. Rojas ER, et al (2018) The Outer Membrane is an Essential Mechanical Element in Gram-negative Bacteria. Nature. 559:617–621
Press: Current Biology, Small Things Considered, Stanford Gazette, Nature Microbiology Community, Allen Institute
8. Rojas ER, Huang KC (2018) Regulation of Microbial Growth by Turgor Pressure. Current Opinion in Microbiology. 42:62-70
9. Rojas ER, Huang KC, Theriot JA (2017) Homeostatic Cell Growth Is Accomplished Mechanically through Membrane Tension Inhibition of Cell-Wall Synthesis. Cell Systems. 5:578-590
10. Zhou X*, Halladin DK*, Rojas ER*, et al (2015) Mechanical crack propagation drives millisecond daughter cell separation in Staphylococcus aureus. Science. 348(6234):574-578
Press: Physics Today
11. Rojas ER, Theriot JA, Huang KC (2014) Response of Escherichia coli growth rate to osmotic shock. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA. 111(21): 7807-7812
Press: Stanford Gazette
12. Misra G, Rojas ER, Gopinathan A, Huang KC (2013) Mechanical consequences of cell-wall turnover in the elongation of Gram-positive bacterium. Biophysical Journal. 104(11): 2342-2352
Press: Biophysical Journal
13. Campas O*, Rojas ER*, Dumais J, Mahadevan L (2011) Strategies for cell shape control in tip-growing cells. American Journal of Botany. 99(9):1577-1582
14. Rojas ER, Hotton S, Dumais J (2011) Chemically mediated mechanical expansion of the pollen tube cell wall. Biophysical Journal. 101(8):1844-1853
15. Bernal R, Rojas ER, Dumais J (2007) The mechanics of tip growth morphogenesis: what we have learned from rubber balloons. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures 2: 1157-1168
16. Islam MF, Rojas ER, Bergey DM, Johnson AT, Yodh AG (2003) High weight fraction surfactant solubilization of single-wall carbon nanotubes. Nano Letters. 3: 269-273